[Mg-t] '53 TD and '75 TR

Richard Lindsay richardolindsay at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 06:00:02 MDT 2017

Hello Friends,

   This note may just be an MG-T List 'silence filler'. It concerns the
status of my T-Series car and my TR6 project.
   The new spring compressor that I bought for the MG won't fit the
Triumph. Its not that it refuses to cooperate. Rather, the TR6's shock
tower is just too confining. I did, however, buy a big 3/4" threaded rod to
run through the spring and tower to compress the spring far enough to get
the lower spring pan on...maybe. We shall see.
   The TR6's left rear brake shoes are on, the hub is on, and the shoes are
adjusted. Smooth as silk. The metal brake plumbing line is yet to be
installed since the rubber hose still needs to be replaced. The handbrake
cable is aligned and ready for a little blast of black paint, before
connection.
   The TD's rear brakes seem okay. I'd still like to pull the drums and
replace the shoes. I may do that today. I have all parts necessary.
   With the rear of the car on jackstands, wheels off, and brakes free, I
started the MG's engine and went through all four forward gears. Clutch
felt good and everything worked fine, producing no ugly noises as the back
hubs spun. Quite encouraging. I hope to charge the hydraulics and bleed the
brakes this week.
   Happy Tuesday, my Friends.

-rick, in finally cooled off Houston