[Healeys] gas pedal adjustment

rosowski at tampabay.rr.com rosowski at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Sep 1 15:14:01 MDT 2022

There is some adjustment on the ball joint fittings in the linkage,
but I do not believe that it is anywhere near enough to account for
1.5" of free play. It seems more likely that one or more of the
bushings on the shaft that runs laterally across the firewall behind
the engine, or the next one that runs from the firewall out to the
carbs is worn or totally failed.
Try watching the linkage from the engine compartment as an assistant
moves the throttle pedal through its full range of motion. If you see
up and down movement of a part that should only be rotating, then you
may be onto what is causing this excessive play.

Healeys"