[Healeys] gas pedal adjustment

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Thu Sep 1 15:05:21 MDT 2022

The throttle lever pinch bolt has probably slipped, Rich.   There is an adjustment procedure in the workshop manual for setting clearance.  I’ll send that to you in a separate email.

I recently changed the exhaust manifolds on my BJ8 and had to disconnect the lever for access.  When I got it back together, it worked fine until I was about 250 miles from home, then I suddenly felt the same symptoms you are having.  I loosened the pinch bolt and rotated the throttle lever a bit, and problem solved (actually, the pedal was a little TOO sensitive).  I did the final adjustment procedure when I got home.

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large