[Healeys] Sway bar bushings

Kees Oudesluijs coudesluijs at chello.nl
Thu Oct 29 11:12:39 MDT 2020

There is a wide variety in PU bushes from a dozen or more manufacturers.
Several hardnesses usually indicated by the colour, galvanised steel or
stainless steel for the bearing surfaces, various lubricants, large
differences in prices etc.

Do not go for the hardest variety, that is for racing purposes only,
and go for stainless steel as steel will corrode and wear away the PU
rapidly. Regarding the squeaking you have to lubricate profusely when
fitting and you may have to spray the bushes  with a silicon lubrication
fluid once in a while.

Be careful with oil leakage as PU will disintegrate when in contact with
oil.

Kees Oudesluijs