[Healeys] Steering Wheel Hub and Shaft Spline Fit

Harold Manifold manifold at telus.net
Sun Jan 26 17:09:05 MST 2020

Hello,

Has anyone experienced a problem fitting the steering wheel onto the splined
steering shaft? I can get the steering wheel hub to go onto the shaft the
length of the collet but then it hits a dead stop. I have checked both the
male and female splines and there are no obvious problems. The steering
wheel is from a Mk 1 BT7 and the steering box is from a BJ7 and they have
never been together before. The fit should be loose enough to allow the hub
to slide on the shaft but that doesn't seem to be the case. It seems like
either the OD of the shaft to too large or the ID of the hub too small.

Any help is appreciated.... Harold