[Healeys] Traffiator install woes

Keith Pennell llennep at verizon.net
Tue Oct 8 08:20:36 MDT 2019

Hello Everybody!
Thought I would give a followup on this.  First thanks to those of you who replied.  I found the suggestions helpful.  I wound up making numerous attempts with many variations but none worked so well.  I will not go into those.  I finally did what I thought of early in the task but was trying to avoid removing bullets.  I understand there are other ways which have worked for several of you but here is what I did.  Maybe it will help someone in the future.
First, remove the shortest bullet using a solder gun to melt the solder.  (You might try to skip this step and see how it goes.)  Push a stiff elec wire (I used a 14 or 16 gauge) up the stator tube from the front.  You can go through the grill.  Once it is through remove the bullet from the longest wire in the har and solder the pull wire to the wire.  Feed/push/pull the har through the tube.  Once it is out pull the end through the grill, place a small board on the splash apron and resolder the two bullets.  Done!
Note:  If you changed the orientation of the stator tube you will need to reposition it with slot down so the teats in the traf assembly will slide into it.