[Healeys] Mounting filter on SU HD6s.

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Mon Nov 26 04:02:45 MST 2018

Thank you everybody for the suggestions regarding tapping my HD carbs. Some
really good ideas.

With reference to that query, an elegant solution has been proposed. ie I
could put in stub-stacks, maybe adapt them slightly and tighten everything
up with allen-key bolts coming in from the back.

So far, in the UK, I haven't had much luck (none) in finding stub stacks
that are designated for HD6s. The attached is sold as HS6 compatible and the
vendor says HS6 only.

So, the question:- Is he correct? They look as if they'll fit onto an HD6
but, without both carbs in front of me, it's hard to tell.

Are the drillings in the back plates - where the air goes in - the same?

Thanks,

Simon