[Healeys] Pertronix question
healeybruce at roadrunner.com
Thu Nov 2 18:54:49 MDT 2017
Well, after experiencing what seems to be "condenser misfiring" on my way
back from Russ Thompson's shop, I'm thinking I may end my stubborn holdout
and convert to Pertronix. I've a few questions:
1) What are the opinions on the Ignitor vs. the Ignitor II?
a. Is it worth changing out the plug wires to go with the II?
b. Can you use the stock cap with suppression or spiral wound plug wires,
or do you replace the cap as well?
c. Sources for caps and wires? I'm assuming the Pertronix cap in the
Moss catalogue is for the Pertronix distributor they list and will not fit a
DM6 distributor. Nor do they show Cobalt wires for a 6 cylinder.
2) Is it worth getting the Pertronix coil as well?
3) The connection looks straight forward-red to coil (+), black to coil
(-) while retaining the white and white/black connections back into the
harness. Obviously the while/black from coil (-) to the distributor is
4) Pertronix website only shows a kit for the DM6A. Is this applicable
to the DM6?
5) Looking at the shop manual, their view shows the DM6 negative lead
post in what appears to be a slot, while my distributor is clearly secured
to a hole in the housing with nuts. I'm assuming I have to remove the
points plate to gain access, correct?
Thanks in advance for the input.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Healeys