[Healeys] Shroud Repair.

HealeyRick healeyrik at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 19:29:10 MDT 2017

Don't know if this will come through, but I've attached an article I did
for *Healey Marque *on bugeye construction.  Over 2200 individual spot
welds just in the "chassis"  Don't know if the big Healey front shroud
could be made in a single pressing and as the article on Larry's site
points out, presses were expensive and needed to be ordered in bulk to be
amortized.  I've done another article on the replacement for the 3000.
While doing the research, I learned that DMH was thinking about a
fiberglass front end or even low-cost dies made from Kirksite for the
aluminum panels.  These would have been attached to the front of the MGC
rear to make it more distinctive as a Healey than the ADO-51
badge-engineered MG/Healey that had been proposed.

Happy Healeying,
Rick Neville