[Healeys] BT7 --> BJ8?

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 12:44:26 MST 2017

Hi Steve,
To answer your question....
This issue was raised in conjunction with the '63 Sebring cars which have
convertible windshields and sidescreens.
Such a modification would require fairly major structural modifications.
The upper panel of the front bulkhead would need to be replaced to
accommodate the longer rear part of the convertible shroud. The convertible
front shroud would be required to provide the correct profile of "gutter"
for the curved windshield.
The front door posts would have to be changed to accommodate the
convertible doors which have to swing away from the windshield to prevent
interference when opened and closed.
The rear door posts have to be replaced with the wider ones to accommodate
the thicker doors.
Of course all sorts of "fudging " could be done but there would have to be
compromises.
Michael S
BN1 #174

--
*If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.*