[Healeys] Denis Welch Foam Air Cleaners - BJ-8

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Sun Sep 11 02:37:41 MDT 2016

I would be very apprehensive about foam filters. First of all I would
like to see proper evidence of filtration performance, particle size-air
flow.
In first instance they could be suitable for racing purposes where
bore/piston wear is not very important. Not many miles are driven that
way and frequent rebuilds are in the cards.
For longevity of the engine I would opt for proven paper elements of
renowned manufacturers or perhaps even K&N and similar, however particle
size may be not as small/controlled as with top brand paper elements.
For looks: foam socks or K&N!
Kees Oudesluijs