[Healeys] Still leaking

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Thu Sep 3 12:45:05 MDT 2015

No.  That would create a massive vacuum leak; I doubt your engine would
even idle (but might help with your oil leak).

I have K&N filters and 'stubby' velocity stacks--courtesy of APT--and a
PCV valve inline with the breather hose, going into the 'extra' hole on
the manifold (presume it would be used for a gauge or some other vacuum
device in other applications).  This reduced leaking from the rear main
'seal' considerably.  So far, there have been no negative consequences,
when I rebuild the engine I will be looking for built-up gunk on the
rear intake valves.

Bob