[Healeys] Still leaking

David Porter frogeye at porterscustom.com
Wed Sep 2 21:04:48 MDT 2015

Too much tightening of the pan bolts can deform the gasket and make the leak worse...
Blow by can be readily observed by removing the oil filler cap when the engine is running. A strong stream of air means that the combustion gases are being pumped into the crankcase past the rings. Disconnect the valve cover vent hose and see if it is allowing gases to discharge into the rear carb. The vent may be clogged..