Hearing Loss

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Hearing Loss
From: Richard Newton <rfn026@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 04:08:53 -0700 (PDT)
If you felt some pain at the recent Laguana event then you probably have some
hearing loss. That's how I first noticed mine. I used to work the Cup races and
there were times when i felt a sharp pain from the sounds.

My doctor said that I had a noise induced hearing loss. I'm totally deaf in a
couple of octaves. The pain is the first sign that you've had hearing loss. The
other sign is that you can't hear people speak if there is any background noise.

This is no fun. At least I notice that the younger guys are paying more
attention to the noise issues. That should keep you from ending up like the
rest of us.

Richard Newton