ear plugs

Subject: ear plugs
From: "christopher h. kang, md" <chkangmd@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 18:54:19 -0700
good decision to re-evaluate the hearing protection. I assume you are
using the foam type. I have used the soft silicon type as sold for
sleeping. I like the way they stay in the ear better than the foam type.

It's the hearing aide dispenser/seller who needs to make the ear mold if
  you're going to get the speaker/audio type. I don't know the db
decrease with these, but I imagine that as they are custom fitted, that
they provide good protection.

Does anyone on the list shoot guns? I've noticed some interesting things
that the shooters use: electronic automatic sound dampeners. Like the
auto darkening welding hood. I think there needs to be electronic
hearing protection built into the helmets!! Just think of where the HANS
device has developed into now.

everyone needs to use hearing protection!!
just my personal opinion of course, but I have alittle background
training...;)

  christopher