Re: Vintage race cars built today

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vintage race cars built today
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 10:35:18 -0700 (PDT)
> this is not a first!  there are 2 restored(uncertain if they are completed
> or still under way) miller race cars that are comprised of the remains of
> the same car.  imagine the 2 owners problems since they both may believe
> they are restoring the miller that won at indy !

Wander over into the Ferrari concours/serial number tracking world for
a while, and you'll see lots of this. Multiple cars resurrected
from as little as a speedometer needle or, more substantially, a
transaxle or part of a frame...

I have a cartoon at home with a caption that tells it all: "There were
only three of these rare Ferraris built, and I have all nine."