Re: mechanical failures

To: pat@prismacars.com, ckrug@laf.cioe.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: mechanical failures
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:04:57 EST
In a message dated 11/28/2000 11:42:17 AM Eastern Standard Time,
pat@prismacars.com writes:

<<  Since the other (newer) Camaros we race with have the 3000 lb
 limit, we choose not to take that "fair advantage" besides it would be hard
 to find 200 lbs. without acid dipping.  We have long since removed the lead
 ballast.

 What say you?  Should this car weigh 2500 lbs?  Should acid dipped pieces be
 replaced with acid dipped pieces?  Should Jack Woehrle make me un-section
 the radiator support and poke the nose of the car back up an inch and a
 half?  And how about that cheater "screen door" handle on the hood? It
 didn't come from Chevrolet that way. >>

Pat,

I think that if you want to use the 2500# "cheater" weight, that would be
fine, and certainly very authentic. However, I would also require you to use
flat tappet cam, pressed steel rockers, Muncie transmission, and of course no
dry sump.

The screen door handle is a nice touch, and that should be on your car,
whatever weight you run. BTW, those were not strictly a Penske option.

jw