Eastlake

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Eastlake
From: "tgrau" <tgrau@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 08:54:47 -0600
The car mentioned below is owned by Craig Froeter in Sterling, IL and is for
sale.  For more info contact me at tgrau@msn.com or (309) 764-9513.

Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 18:23:43 EST
From: Bill5600@aol.com
Subject: Re: Eastlake

Dear Malcolm;

There is a gentleman from around Sterling, Iowa who races an Eastlake with
V.S.C.D.A. His car was built in part if not entirely by Pat Prince in
Sterling. The name Eastlake is a play on words relating to the Westlake cars
from England. During the 80's Chris Smith started the manufacture of kit
cars
one being a sports car that looked like a Lotus 7 called the Westfield 7 he
also made a sports racing car based on Sprite / Midget running gear that had
a body that was a copy of a Lotus 11. The Westfield 11 won many races in
England with engines from 750 cc to 1500 cc. The cars were imported by a
fellow in Florida for US distribution. More info can be found on the
Westfield web site, www.open.org/joerger/westfield.html. I have a Westfield
11 for sale that is 98% completed with less than 1 mile (around the block)
fitted with 1275, 5 speed Datsun gearbox, 14" wire wheels, which was built
by
the importers head mechanic. The car is eligible to race with several groups
or can be driven on the street. If interested let me know and I can give you
more info.

Bill Alexander