Re: Unleaded and all that - I LOVE THIS LIST.

To: derek.lola@sympatico.ca
Subject: Re: Unleaded and all that - I LOVE THIS LIST.
From: RodsINTOMG@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 23:30:16 EST

<<
 Now I'm not suggesting that the replies were useless - but getting four
 totally different and mutually exclusive recommendations in four replies
 must be some kind of [non-FIA] record. Is it in any way significant that
 all four were based on MG experience? Maybe Bath University could do a
 research project on this.

 Derek >>

Hey Derek,

Opinions are like belly-buttons, everybody has one and the guy who asked
about un-leaded gas asked for opinions and got just that - - opinions.  Mine
was number 2 and I thought a relevant reply given he said he wanted to run
the engine hard (over 4,500 RPMs).  Truth is I haven't seen any MGs or other
cars with valve seat recession, and ran mine for years with out the upgrade,
but why take the chance?  Sounded like he wanted the ultimate fix which I
think # 2 is.

Rod