Re: Unleaded and all that - I LOVE THIS LIST.

To: Dr G W Owen <ensgwo@bath.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Unleaded and all that - I LOVE THIS LIST.
From: Derek Harling <derek.lola@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 14:27:54 -0500
Don't you just love this list?

Our English friend [with the Welsh name] asks a vary reasonable question
about old engines and unleaded gas/petrol. Within a couple of hours
there are four answers -

1 - a reference to a technical article with no practical recommendations
2 - a recommendation to use hardened valve seats
3 - a recommendation to use Magic Oil
4 - a recommendation to do nothing [just run on unleaded].

Now I'm not suggesting that the replies were useless - but getting four
totally different and mutually exclusive recommendations in four replies
must be some kind of [non-FIA] record. Is it in any way significant that
all four were based on MG experience? Maybe Bath University could do a
research project on this.

Derek