Re: Unleaded and all that - I LOVE THIS LIST.

To: derek.lola@sympatico.ca
Subject: Re: Unleaded and all that - I LOVE THIS LIST.
From: Gregory_Schulz@mil-elect-tool.com
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 15:28:22 -0600

On 11/10/99 derek.lola wrote:
>Now I'm not suggesting that the replies
>were useless - but getting four totally
>different and mutually exclusive
>recommendations in four replies must be
>some kind of [non-FIA] record.

And here I was going to throw into the ring my
20+ years of experiences in trying to keep vintage
Corvettes and Chevelles (big block, and small)
happy on low lead and no lead fuel.

By the way, at a Midwest Council vintage event
(at Blackhawk Farms Raceway, IL) 10/16-17 I was
in my '58 Bugeye Sprite competing with, among
other things, a '64 (or '65) Chevrolet Chevelle coupe.

It was a documented bonafide (sports car classed)
racer from many moons ago. Not only was this car
brutally fast and cornered like it was on rails - when
he passed me I felt like I was being blown away by
a 3 story building. (He was using leaded petrol, btw.)

How big can a vintage race car be? What's the
biggest vintage racer anyone's ever seen? A couple
years ago at RA I saw a 50-something Mercury (?) sedan
running around the track for some reason or another...

This isn't relevant, is it. Sorry derek.lola

GS