Re: Hoosier Buildup

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hoosier Buildup
From: AnalogMike@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 14:49:58 EST
In a message dated 99-11-10 13:38:22 EST, Gregory_Schulz@mil-elect-tool.com
writes:

>  Re: cooldown laps - on some race weekends where there are alot of cars in
> alot of groups (read "time constraints"), they'll throw a checkered flag at
> the  last corner when the practice/qualifying/warm-up session is over.
> One example would be the 'BRIC' at Road America last July.

I saw this for the 1st time at the Dodge Vintage Festival this year at Lime
Rock but did not know we were supposed to come right in as I had
never heard of it before. I really don't like that procedure, it does not
really
save much time. They should throw the checkered a lap earlier,
it would accomplish the same thing but allow us to cool off our
cars so as not to destoy them. Of course it will take a bit longer
to go around on a cool down lap but on a 1.5 mile course it should
be no more than 30 seconds longer (The Glen would be different...)

Maybe it would be better to throw the checkered 5 corners or so
before coming in, at the latest???

Regards, mike piera  AnalogMike@aol.com  '72 911S Targa, '73 911RS Replica

www.analogman.com/911 - my racing pages

 ~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~  vintage guitars   www.analogman.com