RE: safety concern

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: safety concern
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 15:44:47 -0500
Mark Palmer wrote:

> I believe VSCCA is the only vintage race organization in North America
that
> does not require roll bars.

The VSCDA does not require roll bars in the "Verticals" (prewar), presumably
because the owners of these lovely and beautifully restored cars would give
up racing before welding in a roll bar or even drilling holes for a
removable bar. Personally, it would never occur to me to drive that fast in
a 50 year old car with no roll bar and (worse) not wearing seat belts. They
must be a brave, courteous and optimistic bunch.

Jim Hill
Madison WI