Re: safety concern

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: safety concern
From: "Mark Palmer" <mgvrmark@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 08:18:35 PDT
Claude,

I believe VSCCA is the only vintage race organization in North America that
does not require roll bars.  All other clubs do, as far as I know.  I
believe certain European clubs (notably VSCC in England, after which the
U.S. VSCCA is modelled) also do not require roll bars, at least for Pre-war
cars.

VSCCA does, however, strongly encourage roll bars in all post-war vehicles
-- although still not required.

VSCCA has a certain logic to support their position, which I won't attempt
to present here.  The correct place for the debate, if there is one, would
be within VSCCA rather than this forum.

Regards,
Mark Palmer
VSCCA member & hopefully future Mt Tremblant entrant, one of these years.