Re: Porsche flywheel nut

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Porsche flywheel nut
From: Steve Gibson <gibson@ccis.adisys.com.au>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 19:01:26 +0800
Not exactly a Porsche, but a friend raced a Mazda R100 Sport Sedan for
some years, remember that the flywheel nut went on in the same style,
high tensile socket with a long bar, least 10', it was a fairly
infrequent task, can't remember how we got them off though, I *think* we
has a special rig to lock the flywheel. This was always done with the
engine in-situ though, a bit more difficult if the engine is on the
floor.....

Later,

Steve Gibson