Re: Porsche flywheel nut

To: thomas r genz <trgenz@students.wisc.edu>
Subject: Re: Porsche flywheel nut
From: David Laver <dlaver@ms.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 22:19:47 +0100
Tom,

I've seen one being put on and it was a right hand thread but very very very
tight.  He had a special socket, a super tough bar, a big extension and jumped
on the end of it.  It was body weight at about four feet if you want to do the
sums.  He wanted to use a torque wrench but the correct one to read that far
was a lot of money.  He also had a special frame to bolt the engine to to hold
it still while all this went on.

Not sure how he gets them undone again.  If you want an expert to talk to one
is Bill at Dakota Classics in Greenwich, London.

David