Re: next year?

To: agallo@pcfl.net
Subject: Re: next year?
From: MRogers726@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 22:22:13 EDT
In a message dated 9/10/99 6:15:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
EeeMCee@CS.comwrites:

I'm completely unaware of the new product but I can guess that it won't be
anything that will have anything to do with the vast population probably
including ALL of us. Just the same as the Lovely DB-7.
I'm a British car person but I still see more FIAT 124 convertibles than
MG-Bs/Healys/Triumphs ETC on the street. There are very few racing though!
My guess is that by the time they came out, we had all learned to love the
simplicity of these 'nasty,' simple Brits that we COULD buy and work on!-I'd
also attribute the lack of deserved popularity of the Alfas to the latter.
.
Is there ANYONE on this list that started out playing with cars with a
FERRARI or Aston Martin?
No wonder that the vast number of drivers and even pitcrew consists of us old
farts
As it continues to soly become a playground for the Affluent, the spectators
will-as I think we are seeing, dwindle and unless the racers can supplement
the decreasing revenues the courses will increasingly be made into housing
tracts. Neither of these is to our benefit.
Perhaps Fiat/Ferarri might consider producing another, lighter Fiat 124 or
even 850 type vehicle with a factory team. I can think of NO factory
supported popular car now. Is there any?
Michael Rogers