Re: 66 Mustang Questions

To: Walt@chekov.mayfield.hp.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 66 Mustang Questions
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 19:09:32 EDT
Walt@chekov.mayfield.hp.com writes:

<< >Recall that TA cars had alum trunk doors and hood

 Aluminum?  Not in 66 or 67.  Or even later.... >>

I remember a green 66 coupe running TA back in 66. Was told it was built by
Shelby for the series (but hey, what Mustang wasn't "built by Shelby"<g>)
Years later I found that same car out behind a gas station sans engine and
trans. The guy wanted to sell it to me, but in those days it was just an old
uncompetitive racer and I passed. (Yeah hindsight is 20-20) I did look at the
car for some time and it definitely had alum on the aforementioned panels. I
guess somebody may have "bent the rules" back then?...

Oh that I had a fat checkbook and a huge garage...
        Nick in Nor Cal

ex owner 5s479