Re: Uni-body Stiffening

To: Jim Hayes <hayes@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: Uni-body Stiffening
From: David Laver <dlaver@ms.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:40:25 +0000
> 3. #$%^&* let's acid dip some bodies - that's hsotorically correct too!
> Jim (in his usual sarcastic tone...)

Jim,

As a fellow enthusiast for Italian exotica you must be familiar with the other
cheetin-day trick.  Spray salt and water over the car for fourty years.  That
takes
some weight out.  The bumpers on my Aurelia were too far gone to chrome but look
just the job for a road racer sprayed silver.  Matches the dull alloy trims a
treat.  I'm sure there are a number of other parts on the car that have gone
through
a similar process.

Its also has race tollerance on the bores - I can tell by the smoke out the
pipes
under accelleration.

David