Re: Generic, But for Spridgeteers

To: LRuggi2635@aol.com
Subject: Re: Generic, But for Spridgeteers
From: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 10:27:36 -0800
Just to touch on the battery box thing, here's what I did to make the
SCCA happy with a relocated battery in an Alfa. The battery must be held
down with metal-to-metal hardware, secured to the chassis. What I ended
up with was a metal battery hold-down across the top of the battery and
long bolts from the hold down thru the trunk floor. The long bolts pass
down the outside of the battery box. They may not accept hook bolts that
only attach to a battery tray. The top of the battery box can be held on
with a simple Nylon strap, as it carries no load. I did use a metal
battery tray under the box, just to locate it. The tricky part is finding
a hold down that will fit under the box lid with a little persuasion. I
also used two nuts on the long bolts. Throw away the wing nuts. I think I
did use acorn nuts as the lock nuts.