Re: Generic, But for Spridgeteers

To: LRuggi2635@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Generic, But for Spridgeteers
From: DonJQueen@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 11:13:36 EST
In a message dated 2/13/99 2:43:57 PM !!!First Boot!!!, LRuggi2635@aol.com
writes:

 Questions:

 #1  I've built a metal framework that holds the fuel cell thru the trunk
floor
 as well as acting as a mount for the now-trunk-located battery box.  Obtained
 a generic sturdy plastic battery box, and now need to know the universally
 approved method of holding it and the battery to the framework platform.
 Nylon strap(s) for the box?  Metal strap(s)?  Should the battery be attached
 to the box itself (hard to do without drilling thru the box), assuming the
 battery group size matches the box?

The battery MUST be solidly mounted to the floor or a cross member. The
plastic box will not contain the battery in the event on an "incident"

 #4  Speaking of fuel cells, I've sourced a roundy-roundy 8 gal cell that has
 the inner container made of styrene(?) plastic instead of a bladder.  It
still
 has the metal can, valving, foam, cap etc.  Is this legal?  It's
substantially
 less $$$ than the big brand names.

Forget the plastic cell, many groups will not allow it. Use a good quality
metal cell.

Don Queen SF