Generic, But for Spridgeteers

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Generic, But for Spridgeteers
From: LRuggi2635@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 09:19:06 EST
Hi list--

cobbling together my first vintage car outta some square-nose Spridgets.

Questions:

#1  I've built a metal framework that holds the fuel cell thru the trunk floor
as well as acting as a mount for the now-trunk-located battery box.  Obtained
a generic sturdy plastic battery box, and now need to know the universally
approved method of holding it and the battery to the framework platform.
Nylon strap(s) for the box?  Metal strap(s)?  Should the battery be attached
to the box itself (hard to do without drilling thru the box), assuming the
battery group size matches the box?

#2  Anyone run a Spridget with a Cobra seat and like it?  They look oh-so-
period compared to current racing seats.  A head rest would of course be
installed on rollbar.

#3  Who's a good source for roll bar construction in the Southeast (GA)?  What
prices should be reasonable for rear hoop-under dash hoop-drivers side bar-
diagonal-to-floor type setups?

#4  Speaking of fuel cells, I've sourced a roundy-roundy 8 gal cell that has
the inner container made of styrene(?) plastic instead of a bladder.  It still
has the metal can, valving, foam, cap etc.  Is this legal?  It's substantially
less $$$ than the big brand names.

TIA,

Larry

'65 Spridget