Watkins Glen

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Watkins Glen
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 21:48:05 -500
Would you believe it? Great weather for Watkins Glen, altho a bit damp for
Group 1 this morning. We'd been fairly incident free till that point, then a
few people forgot the extent of the changes water makes in the relationship
between the tyres and the road.

I've replaced a head gasket, sorted out some ignition & carb problems, and hope
to be in good form for our all too brief "Feature Race" at 09:30 tomorrow
morning. Team Thicko had made a good showing in their trip East, but no signs
of the Vulture. Maybe more next year.

Later...

rg