Re: Looking for engine suggestions

To: bartbrn@concentric.net
Subject: Re: Looking for engine suggestions
From: PaceCars@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 23:42:46 -0400 (EDT)
Barton,
If you intend to race a Dio, you will need to check with whatever group you
intend to race with. Few will accept it unless you use all period pieces
(incuding chassis, engine and speed equipment). None of the engines you
listed would be legal in any group I know of except HSR (which is a
run-what-ya-brung deal). The original Ambros used TR or Bristol power. Do not
assume anything - get a firm answer before you start spending money. If you
intend to drive it on the street, I'd use a Chevy 350. Bulletproof, cheap and
plenty of beans. Plus, Dio has already built cars in this configuration so
they can tell you how.
Harold Pace
CVAR