Looking for engine suggestions

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Looking for engine suggestions
From: Barton Spencer Brown <bartbrn@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 09:54:19 -0500
Building Ambro sports/racer from 1959 (it's a body resplash). Although I
have been considering Small Block Chevy power coupled to a Muncie 4 or a
TH350, I'm wondering about the possibility of a smaller engine,
something with an excellent power to weight ratio. Devices whirling
around in my head include:

Alfa 2L TC
Fiat 2L TC
BMW 2L SOHC
Triumph 6
Chevy/Buick V6
Opel 1.9L (an engine I've always liked, unsophisticated as it is)
Cosworth Vega (for the true masochist...)
Lotu$ TC

I'd appreciate any recommendations, and please remember that I'll
probably be using whatever cog-box came with the Auld Nyle.

Thanks

Bart Brown