Re: New to the sport

To: "EHSMITH.US.ORACLE.COM" <EHSMITH@us.oracle.com>
Subject: Re: New to the sport
From: Larry Moeller <elmo@inreach.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 08:53:22 -0700
agree on the "off-line" comments... by comparison, my experience in
Porsche club time-trialling is that drivers are taught to get off line &
let the fast cars go by... just an artifact of the different objectives,
but the result is (us) folks with this mindset get a license that lets
us compete in real racing elsewhere & that's when the problem begins for
the other drivers with different schooling... i hear a lot of talk
around the time-trial track about off-track excursions by folks who've
gone on to PCA club racing... and it surprises me by comparison to my
VARA & SCCA experiences... dunno if there's a connection