Re: Question

To: Malcolm Cox <malcox.ppp@napanet.net>
Subject: Re: Question
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 10:06:43 -0500 (CDT)
On Sun, 27 Jul 1997, Malcolm Cox wrote:

> A friend is a VW bug devotee and asks how come there are never any VW
> bugs in vintage racing, my smartass reply was well they probably were
> never appropriate for racing in the 60's.
>
> But on reflection, seems that just about everything else was raced in
> the 60's. In England for example Autin A30's and A40's, Morris Oxfords
> etc etc, all quite inappropriate for racing, were often raced in "saloon
> car" racing.

        I seem to remeber Veedubs in the Trans Am series... At least I
        remeber the pix in a recent series of articles in Vintage Motorsports
        Magazine... On a personal note there was a Veedub dealer in the
        DC area (Heishman or Heitmann) that provided "hotted up" bugs for
        the local sporty car types. I believe they were called "Heitmann
        (or Heischmann) Stingers".  I think this was before Yenko was
        messing with Corvairs.

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois