Re: Elkhart & Pittsburgh

To: Susan <alfasun@esslink.com>
Subject: Re: Elkhart & Pittsburgh
From: DWhitesdJr@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 22:36:14 -0400 (EDT)
It was my first time at the Pittsburgh VGP, but it won't be my last.  The
event was well run and the weather was perfect.  For those who have not been
to the PVGP, it is run through a city park, so the safety on the circuit is
also vintage (haybales in front of trees and lightposts, etc.), but the
driving was of a very high standard and I only saw one damaged car.  The
local paper said 150,000 spectators were expected and over $ 1,000,000 was
raised for charities.  I suspect these figures were off by a factor of ten,
but even 15,000 spectators and $ 100,000 would indicate a successful event,
and it certainly was.  What a wonderful little event to grace our vintage
racing calender