Re: Elkhart & Pittsburgh

To: <alfasun@esslink.com>
Subject: Re: Elkhart & Pittsburgh
From: "Irv Korey" <emanteno@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 06:52:15 -0500
> To: Susan <alfasun@esslink.com>
> Subject: Re: Elkhart & Pittsburgh
> Date: Sunday, July 20, 1997 11:40 PM

 > Anyone who has any results/stories/gossip/lies about the weekend's two
 > big events, Elkhart and Pittsburgh, please post them! Those of us
 > letting our wallets and cars have a rest this week would love to hear
 > about other people out having fun...

 From the perspective of a corner worker, Corner 1, Road America:

 over 500 cars registered, although some didn't make it to Sunday :-(
 many really excellent cars,
 much really excellent driving,
 very good weather (great on Saturday),
 not too much red mist (there is always some),
 still too much carnage, much of it single car (some people seem to have
 more money than brains),
 everyone safe and sound as far as I know.
 647 mosquito bites (I'm feeling a little anemic) :-)

 Let's do it again, real soon.

 Irv Korey