Re: Old Racing Decals

To: "Earl W. Zwickey" <zwickey@arn.net>
Subject: Re: Old Racing Decals
From: Barton Spencer Brown <bartbrn@Concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 23:37:12 +0000
Earl W. Zwickey wrote:

> JonLowe@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > I'm looking for some ... decals from the early 70's for a car
> > I'm restoring...
>
> Sure seems like there is a marketing opportunity for someone out there
> with the interest--reproduction decals and sew on patches for drivers
> suits.  One of us is always looking this decal or that.  Things may be
> simplifying as my memory fades, but if you listed all of the major
> sponsor decals prior to approximately 1972, surely the list would not be
> all that long.
>
> Earl Zwickey

Oddly enough, I'm looking trying to do just that, in both 1:1 and model
scales, and for a book on racing sponsor logotypes. There's a guy in
Long Island who does repro decals and tee-shirts, but almost exclusively
drag-racing and hot rod oriented. I want to concentrate on sportscar, GP
and rally artifacts

I'm in the process of collecting as much sponsor logo information as I
can get my hands on. Any help from this group would be greatly
appreciated (and acknowledged in the book) -- especially color photos or
actual decals and patches for scanning, which would be returned, of
course.

Anyone who would like to help, please email.

Bart Brown