Electronic Ignitions

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Electronic Ignitions
From: Jim Hayes <hayes@mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 23:18:45 -0400
> I had a long talk with a US vistor in an MGA this past weekend at
> Shannonville and he was talking about how many electronic ignitions he
> sees at VSCCA events, which in theory are illegal. I don't think I've seen
> any of those in our club,

The Crane/Allison system in my '62 Spider is a development of the units
that we used in the last half of the 60s, when we called them CD
(capacitive discharge) transistorized ignition. Not VSCCA era, but
close!
--
Jim Hayes  Winchester, MA, USA
hayes@mediaone.net         http://www.fotec.com/jim.htm