Re: Race Gas

To: S800Racer@aol.com, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Race Gas
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 17:46:28 -0400 (EDT)

<< none of the above differences seemed to affect performance. >>

No one can really feel the difference.  As you point out, its high
compression engines that require it.  You need to learn how to "read" your
plugs to see if you're getting evidence of detonation.   If so, you then need
a higher octane gas (or lower compression engine).   We also found a
difference among gases, even at similar octane ratings.  Some cleared up
detonation, while others did not at supposedly the same or higher octane
ratings.  Personally, the Sunoco Purple (same gas a Cam2) works best for me.
 Tried ERC, but did not have good results.  The Sunoco is cheaper, too.

Myles