Re: Safety [was...]

To: carterh@crl.com, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Safety [was...]
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 10:54:50 -0400 (EDT)

<< Consult with someone on how to improve / replace that
 part and meanwhile put it on a very, very tight leash.

 BTW, any possible relationship to bigger better modern tires? >>

Carter;

FYI, the stock hubs are one of those no longer available, irreplacable items
(was diferent from stock Cortina hubs).  The ONLY replacements available now,
are billet alumninum parts, made in the UK.  Better, stronger, lighter, and
SAFER!!, but also a lot of $$$$$!!

With regard to the tires, that's an obvious point.  I'm sure there are higher
stresses imposed.  However, I'd also contend that bumping a few curbs, and
having the wheels in the air as often as the Cortina does, also has a lot to
do with it.  Its been up at nearly 45 degrees a number of times...and the
landings aren't always so soft!!!

Myles