Re: Vintage Racing/Fatalities, we are all luckier than we realiz

To: "Annis, Casey" <cannis@smtplink.Coh.ORG>
Subject: Re: Vintage Racing/Fatalities, we are all luckier than we realiz
From: mike jackson <grand_wazoo@flinet.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 17:57:12 -0700
Annis, Casey wrote:

>      Yet against these seemingly grim odds, their has not been a vintage
>      fatality in the US in over a decade, as far as I am aware.
>
>      Cheers to you all,
>
>      Casey Annis
>      Vintage Auto Racing Association

I am sorry to report that this is not accurate.  I was at the track when
two deaths that I can recall occured.  One was my good friend Greg
Hinton, it occured during a local Florida SCCA vintage race that had
nothing but us locals that all know and race with each other regularly.
The second was at an SVRA event here in Florida and I'm sorry I don't
recall the drivers name, I vaguely recall that the car was an Allard I
think.  I also recall hearing about a death in California a few years
ago.  There may be others.

Boy, this is more macabre than I intended....  Our beloved sport is fun
but dangerous, drive carefully, watch who you race with, be aware of the
risk.

mike jackson