Weber jets

To: vintage race <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Weber jets
From: "Marc DOUEZY d'OLLANDON" <Marc_Douezy@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 15:54:06 -0400
Thank you for the info,

In the meantime i have tried even bigger chokes! 32 chokes with same main
jets 115 and 180 air jets. It runs much better and even better with a new
idle jet I have tried wich has a lot of air jets in it. I don't remember
the number. Of course this engine has a very short stroke and will happily
revs to 8000 rpm.
But I have found that the Webers on my lamborghini have 28 chokes so I will
also try those.. Apparently it seems that there is too much gas at low revs
and not enough air.
I have the Pasini book but have not found anything on DCOE carbs on this
engine.

I will let you know of further development, but at last the car is running
again after I desintegrated my 1500 GT Cortina engine. A valve broke, the
piston broke in hundred of bits, the rod bent and the piston pin went into
the cylinder! At least my special head by Vulcan can be salvaged but I
don't know yet about the crankshaft. I wonder if the engine was overreved
or the valve broke because it was lightened a bit too much.

Marc Douezy

Marc_douezy@compuserve.com

Elva MkIB 1956