SVRA shenanigans

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: SVRA shenanigans
From: Jim Hayes <hayes@highway1.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 22:16:09 -0400
All these SVRA messages remind me of one of Tom McCahill's quips: "Never
write love letters, they sound so silly when read in court!"

Me? I quit SVRA for a lot of reasons brought up. SVRA is not a "club",
it's a business. SVRA racing is "professional racing" for all practical
purposes, and the goal is to make a profit. All this BS sounds like KKR
and a hostile takeover. Haven't we heard enough?

I vote with my entry fees, and I will only race with real "clubs."

Unsolicited advice: I think the principals involved need a disinvolved
lawyer experienced with nonprofits. The IRS and SEC carefully scrutinize
dealings like this. Having help set up a nonprofit professional society
recently, I can tell you there are some pitfalls to it.

--
Jim Hayes  Winchester, MA, USA
hayes@highway1.com         http://www.fotec.com/jim.htm