Hot starting racing MGA

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Hot starting racing MGA
From: Malcolm Cox <malcox@napanet.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 22:40:54 -0700
Got the back axle oils eal problem under control, many thanks for the ideas.
Seems that speedy
sleeves and new seals were the answer.

Just got back from CSRG Reno, had all kinds of fun.  Except on the pre-grid.  I
don't have any
fan, which is tricky enough to manage when theres a delay, but to make things
worse, my MGA has
recently refused to start when hot (even at sea level), seems to be rich
mixture because it
lights up the instant a throttle slide is lifted.  I'm real nervous to lean the
mixture across
the range, for fear of holy pistons at 12:1 etc and anyway it goes fine flat
out and really isn't
that what it's supposed to do?

a) Any suggestions on the fan front, I would hate to put the standard fan back
and lose all those
 oodles of horse puppies.
b) Any magic needles available, Im using 1.75 SU's