Dual Master cylinder challenges on TR4A

To: "'Vintage Race List'" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dual Master cylinder challenges on TR4A
From: Dave Page <page@ra.isisnet.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 06:44:59 -0300
Well, I finally ordered and received all the parts I thought I would =
need to put in a dual master brake cylinder setup in my TR4A.  Now what =
do I do?!  Have run into a couple of unforeseen challenges.  The remote =
reservoirs are taller than expected.  They are 5 oz. units with an =
off-centre outlet to allow for 2 1/2 inch spacing between the two =
cylinders, but when I try to close the bonnet, they interfere with the =
cross-brace that run underneath the trailing edge.  There doesn't seem =
to be anywhere I can mount the reservoirs that places them higher than =
the inlet port on the master cylinders (5/8 inch Girlings).  Any ideas?