Re: Blackhawk Classic

To: <WmSeverin@aol.com>, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Blackhawk Classic
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill1@facstaff.wisc.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 11:36:59 +0000
Mr. Thompson -

Thanks very much for the information about the Blackhawk Classic you
sent last week - as it turned out, work kept me home all weekend and
I haven't yet been able to get an answer at the VSCDA office, but
I'll continue to follow up.

Thanks also for the info about the Pendergraft Healey. Would love to
be back in a Healey again - especially one that fast with that much
history - but budget constraints rule it out. In fact, I plunged back
into the sporty car world this past Friday by buying a '73 TR6 - a
worthy successor to the TR4 I had from 1963-66.

At the moment, I'm frantically trying to get this new toy into
respectable shape by the time of the Chicago Historics at RA. After
all these years, it'll be a pure delight to once again drive a
real british sports car to a real sports car race.

Although I haven't raced since I sold my Caldwell D9 in 1972, I did
have a Mk 8 Genie (351 Ford) for a time and took it to Road America
back in 1988 for the historic races. All things considered, I feel a
lot more comfortable in the TR6 - if you make a mistake, at least
you're not going so damn fast...

Jim Hill
Madison WI