Re: I'm Desperate!

To: "Brian Evans" <brian.evans@quest.ca>
Subject: Re: I'm Desperate!
From: harwooc@gov.on.ca (Chris Harwood)
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 11:43:21 -0500
>Just curious, Dave:  why are you running these brakes on a Healy?  I
>though the point of vintage racing was running the cars as they came,
>with the original brakes?  I'm going to try to get a thread running on
>should we run our production type cars as they were produced, or as they
>were raced, maybe you could comment?
>--
>Brian Evans
>Major Account Manager
>Shaw FiberLink
>(brian.evans@fiberlink.ca)

------------ A Post Mosport addition to thread --------------
I'm beginning to wonder as well. Club's have eligibility committees but
they seem to interpret rules loosely.  There was a Europa racing at the
recent Mosport event in a configuration that never came out of Hethel. This
particular car made have been a club-racer with a history - I will have to
check further.

  I am/was going to re-build my 70 Europa Type 54 following the appropriate
SVRA rules for "production sports cars" which would likely make mine
non-competitive in VARAC as the would likely run in the same class. What
mods are allowed or not allowed?

I realise that it is asking alot of eligibility committees to know
everything about every car but some one has to apply the rules. I also
don't want to PO an owner who as spent $$$ preparing a car to an extremely
loose or non-existent specification.

Chris Harwood